Thursday, August 11, 2011

179. New Baby







My baby is here. She was born on August 4, 2011 @ 6:30 p.m. This was one fast delivery. I started getting contractions around 2 in the afternoon. They were 10 min. apart. Few days earlier, at my 38 weeks checkup, the doctor said that if the contractions were 5 min. apart I should come in. Well mine were 10 min. for about 2 hours, and they were getting painful. Finally, I called in and they said to come in. I called Taja to come home, and I took a shower. My mother in law came to town the night before so I had to show her were everything is so that she could take care of my other daughter while my husband and I were at the hospital. Well, by the time daddy came home my contractions were very painful. It was hard to leave the house since the big sister had a hard time letting mom go. Anyways, we left around 4:40. Daddy drove like crazy through some heavy traffic. I was in a lot of pain and contractions were coming every 2-3 min. We got to the hospital at 5:15. I was 6 cm. dilated. Couldn’t get the epidural until I got the full beg of water (IV) and had blood work done. Well that took a while. By the time all of that was done I was in dealing with paperwork and contractions. I was 9 ½ by the time anesthesiologist came in. I felt the baby coming. They told me that I may not have enough time to get the epidural, but they could try it anyway. We tried. I was getting another, very strong contraction and asked them to wait. He said if we wait it may not have enough time to kick in. I had to sit still through the pain and get it. My husband was holding me tightly and he got so sweaty. When it was over I started feeling much better. 5 min. after kicking in it was time to push. I pushed for 15 min. and she was out. It was the most beautiful moment. I actually got to see everything since I asked for the mirror. It was gorgeous. I love the warmth of the newborn baby. She was born at 6:30, hour and 15 min. after I got to the hospital. I think that was fast, and I am thankful that we had enough time for me to get the pain medicine. She was 7lbs and 13 ons and 21 inches long, or 3556 gr. and 53 cm. Good size baby. I am glad that she is finally here. Welcome to the world new little one. Let the journey begin.



She is 6 days old in this picture.

1 comments:

jjacobs57 August 11, 2011 at 9:31 PM  

Congratulations! She is beautiful! Hope you are feeling well and enjoying both of your beautiful babies.

Followers